Saturday, May 8, 2010

Top 5 Things I Will Miss About Spain #3

3.) Maria Revilla

Ok when I have ever said I love my setter. I mean in high school I was pretty fond of my setters, but beyond that its been a high way of hell trying to connect, communicate and restrain myself from getting in a physical altercation with the quarterback of my team. (Well I will make an exception for Katelyn- we made up and actually had a pretty good relationship afterwards). So me being anything close to friends with a setter is pretty amazing, and if there is one thing I will miss about Spain, its this chica.

Maria is the best kind of teammate there is. Her positivity is contageous. I mean I had the hardest time being down and negative around her. She brings so much energy to the court. M started off as our main setter, but with coaching decision, she became our 7 player off the bench. But she was never discouraged and every time she got an opportunity to come into the game, it always pumped me up. The energy she brought to the court was awesome.

Off the court she is the sweetest person as well. Always willing to learn and understand my culture as an American as well as share her Spanish culture with Lindsay and I. She was one my of translators at practice as well, sometimes forgetting to speak Spainish at all. Towards the end of my time in Spain, her family opened up their home to Lindsay and I for three days and even gave us tickets to a futbol game in Getafe. Touring Madrid was one of the highlights of my stay in Spain. So thank you and Gracias Maria. I will miss ya.









No comments:

Post a Comment