Sunday, November 8, 2009

Too Little Too Late.
















Have you ever had an out of body experience? You literally feel youself outside of your body, floating beside yourself staring at your body; like its unreal. That is kind of how the game on Saturday versus Cantur went. I felt like I wasnt even there in my body. It was that bad. And as I was having this out of body experience, my team must have had the same experience because I didnt recognize any of them eiether. We came out flat and with no energy, and we were defeated 1-3 (15-25, 17-25, 25-13, 29-31).

Again we fell into that "we have never played volleyball before" mode. Lucky for us we were able to snap out of it in the third game, therefore forcing a fourth game. All that effect was not enough at the end of the night as we lost the fourth game in a pressure packed event. We were one game too short to claim any points, and the only people we have to blame is ourselves. Missed opportunities, weak blocking and defense and many errors lead to easy points for our opponents.

Cantur featured a quadruple threat of North Americans. They were led by former Florida Gator All-American Benavia Jenkins, an offensive and defensive threat in the middle. Dani Da Silva led us once again with 22 points including four huge blocks. Followed by 12 points from myself. I wish I had blocked better, because that is my main job. I will just have to get better at it this upcoming week in the gym.

"When you learn what your weaknesses have to teach, they will become your strengths. " - Ralph Marston









No comments:

Post a Comment