Monday, February 8, 2010

Run Comes to an End



After a miraculous start to the second half of the season, Finestrat's game winning streak was halted by Figaro Peluqueros Air Europa Tenerife 0-3 (23-25, 23-25, 22-25). Really not much to say about this match, except we could never get on top. Even though Tenerife is the second to last team in the league, they did present with quite the arsenal. I was matched up against former Florida Gator Sherri Williams in the middle, who is a pretty athletic middle and a very good blocker. She lead with 4 blocks this game. I was one short of matching that with 3. Bad blocking night for me. Leading all attackers Chie Yoshizawa with 16 +9. Katia Rodriguez was our leading scorer with 13 + 7.

This loss dropped Team Finestrat back down to 9 place, but with plenty of room to improve and make a move. We are still very much in the playoff race. On a more sad note, Natali "Flavia" Flaviani went down with an injury this game and we are unaware of her status for next game. But she is rehabbing and we hope to have her join our team on the court again soon.

Next game we travel back to the Canary Islands to take on Traysesa Santa Cruz. Its also the weekend of Carnival in Spain; so I will make sure to take photos.

2 comments:

  1. To- 導暑紀時 I dont understand your criticism and I dont know if youa re referring to me, but this is my blog. All my entries are fair and impatial. I give credit where credit is do. I do not hate on people that I play against or people on my team. This is not about me bashing anyone. Its about me telling my experience of playing pro volleyball. That is it. Nothing i have said is unkind. Thanks for your input though. :)

    ReplyDelete