Sunday, October 3, 2010

Sm'Aesch Season Opener A Success


October 2, 2010- Well its the start of the new season. All the practices, training camps, practice games, fitness workouts and days at the track are over. Nope the Super Cup is done. That trophy awarded no longer means anything unless you let it. Today each team started evenly at 0-0. What happened next was up to each individual player and each team.

Team Sm'Aesch got the opportunity to come out the gates blazing infront of our home crowd here in Aesch. I was a little interested in seeing how this would turn out. I mean each country and culture is different. I had THe Best fan club in Germany with Vfb Suhl. The Dynamics are probably one of the best Women's Volleyball Fan Clubs out there. But thats nothing in comparison to Finland where the people just kind of stare at you while you play. Nothing wrong with that. Or in Spain, Haro's gym gets so loud, I couldnt even hear the Ref blow his whistle. I mean each place is different. The people in Switzerland have been so nice so I dont expect to get booed I guess. :)

We arrived at the gym, warmed up, talked a lil bit about the game and then got to work. Simple as that. I love simple. The fans trickle in as the start of the game nears. And its a descent little crowd. Cant complain. The fans come up to me and wish me luck. The little ball girls eyes get so wide open as you approach them for a ball. Its amazing the impact we may have on these kids. Future volleyballers perhaps? Future Sm'Aesch players?

This game was a bit of a relief I would say. We matched up against Biel the previous week and was victorious. But still you always have to remember to never overlook or underestimate a team for any reason. Through three games we were able to come out on top taking the match. Every one contributed to the victory and Jana Surikova was named MVP of the game.

Awesome job guys! Next game is away at Geneve.



No comments:

Post a Comment