Tuesday, February 8, 2011

THe Super Bowl.... EPIC!

February 6, 2010- A day that will go down in epic history. A day when two teams, the two best teams came together on the grid iron. They fight through 4 quarters of blood, tears, sweat, and of course an halftime concert that has included some of the most controversial events ever. This year's battle would not be any different. The Green Bay Packers vs the Pittsburgh Steelers. The Cheeseheads versus the Terrible Towel wavers?. Heck, they even made songs for this battle. There is the already popular "Black & yellow" by Wiz Khalifa. Actually this song was already in existence; he just campaigned for it to be hailed as the song for Pittsburgh. Weeks before the big game, Lil Wayne came out with his own version named "Green & Yellow." Oh who cares, my Colts weren't playing. Honestly I just wanted to watch some football and hang out with friends.
So the stage was set.

All of us Americans decided to all get together and go to Lausanne to watch the game. I know the girls all went last year when my Colts played and lost. Tear! So this year I was so excited to be apart of the festivities. As you may recall last year I watched the Superbowl on my teammates computer which was skyped from her big screen back home in New Orleans. IT was absolutely soul crushing to sit and watch my Colts get beat by her Saints in front of almost 20 Saints fans. :( So this year I jumped at this opportunity. We went to a lil bar called Darlings open late on this Sunday for the Super Bowl. We got there and fellow American from VFM Kristen Kelly had made shirts for both teams. I reluctantly picked the Steelers, but my heart was still with the Colts. I even asked her if she could make me a Colts shirt. lol That night I had to be Hines Ward. He's alright!



The group of about 30 of us all gathered in front of the big screen. The bar was even gracious enough to serve us food, which included chicken wings, the perfect Super Bowl food.

We sang our National Anthem so loud, we didnt even notice that Christina had messed up the lyrics. Aww God Bless! Then it was on. Everyone was cheering for their teams, we ate, we drank, we talked and met the locals. It was a real good time. Its always great to get together with my American Chicas. I was having so much fun walking around and meeting people that I didnt even see the half time show. Good Times.









OH yeah... Nice job Green Bay Packers, 2011 Superbowl Champs!

No comments:

Post a Comment