Saturday, September 17, 2011

Happy Sabbath from the Philippines!

Happy Sabbath. Well my time in the Philippines was not all about playing volleyball. I also got a chance to venture out and worship with fellow Seventh-Day Adventist. I have been a Seventh-Day Adventist since birth and so is my whole family, just about. Its been hard because the 7th day is our sabbath and many times it coincides with my athletic competitions. But this is the first time I believe in my career that it would not. When my coach heard of my faith, he would not allow me to train with the team on our day of rest. That too was a first. All I could think was, "wow what an amazing experience already and now this."


The Three Angels Church, which used to be known as The Manila Chinese SDA Church was relatively close in Sta Mesa. I arrived to a warm reception. THe message was very good, although I dont remember what its was. I know it was in English and that was pretty cool. It was also communion. Overall, its pretty much like my church back home. We washed each others feet and prayed together. We took the bread and the blood, prayed and worshiped. Afterwards we sat down and ate a delicious pot luck dinner. All I have to say is they had Plantain and it was amazing.







A couple of weeks earlier I visited The Manila Adventist Medical Center, which was a school and hospital with a church on the campus. It took me a while to reach the church, so I was a little late. Shhh, dont tell anyone. But I did catch most of the message on how social media is not Christ-like and how it poisons our minds. Pretty true. Although I did not really meet up with folks after, I still enjoyed being around other Adventists.









No comments:

Post a Comment