Monday, September 5, 2011

Its Gotta Be Shakey's... Press Conference

September 2, 2011- Its gotta be... Its gotta be... Its gotta be Shakey's. So here is my confession..... I LOVE THAT FREAKING SONG! Honestly. When we walk out to be announced, I am singing it in my head. On the bench during commercial breaks I am humming it. Randomly during the day I will just break out singing it. Its got me hooked. Now if I only knew the words. :)

Well my Thursday was not all that great. We were defeated by the Army in a not so pretty match. And pretty much everyone was letting me know I didnt play well at all, even though I led all scorers. But im not going to go into that here. My Friday just happened to be awesome, which was exactly what I needed. I was asked to be a guest judge at the San Sebastian Opening Ceremony for Intramurals along with Anthony Del Rio and Miss NCAA. We judge the Mr & Miss Intramurals along with the grade school dance competition. It was fun and I was honored!




Later that day the greatness kept happening. Jen, Jeng & I were invited along with
Sattanayuchit Wirawan and Lasungnern Piyatada to attend a private party for all the import players in thw Shakeys V league. IT was sort of a press event. We met many of the "bosses" of the Shakey's Pizza Organization here in the Philippines. So stoked because I absolutely love Shakey's pizza ever since I tried it for the first time last week. Had the Cheeseburger pizza... Yum..


This day we got the works. 4 kinds of pizza, chicken wings, Mojos (potato skins) with gravy, 2 types of pasta and milkshakes. It was incredible. Be still my stomach! The hospitality was great! So a big thank you to all those who were serving us. It was amazing.



Then there was a brief presentation, photos and interviews. We were presented with official Shakey's volleyballs and we got 3 Tumblers to take home. So cool! Had a blast with the girls and everyone involved including Jinni Modejar, who was the best hostess ever. Also said goodbye to Wirawan and Piyatida as they were leaving to return back home to Thailand. Overall it was a great time! :D Days like this really make me appreciate what I do. Thank you Shakeys. And I will eventually learn the words to that song!






From Baste with Love!

1 comment: