Friday, August 12, 2011

Back on Track

August 7, 2011- Game 3 and boy did I want some sort of redemption after the loss to the Navy team. Next up was Perpetual Help, a team that has all the fight in the world. This match was being called battle of the imports, as Jang and I would go up against to other Thai import guest players in Wirawan & Plyatilda. I met them just days earlier on the day they arrived and they were very friendly. We watched their team play without them, in a match Perpetual lost. So I knew these two guest players would make them a little bit stronger.

Scouting them, I noticed that their team is very scrappy; meaning they get a lot of balls up, hustle hard and get balls back over. Which also meant I could hit the leather off the ball and they would probably defend it and bring it back to our side. Teams like that are tough, because they hang around and tire you out. They also had some pretty good quick attackers in the middle, that hit the ball right out of the setters hand. So I knew that if we messed around we could like lose. Cant play around with teams like Perpetual.




And the match went on just how I thought it would be. Excellent hits from Baste were dug immediately by the defense of Perpetual. Somehow before the game I knew this would happen. Oh well. In the end and lucky for us, we were able to knucke down and defeat UPH in 3 sets (25-28, 25-27, 25-13). Bravo Baste!







Congrats to Jeng for Player of the Game!


Photo credits go to Arnold Cruz @ https://www.facebook.com/arnold.z.cruz
Cesar Bailen
Pinoy Spikers
.

No comments:

Post a Comment